Self-commitment, responsibility, humility and a taste for competition
Two high-level triathletes who wanted to transpose their experience as globetrotting athletes into their professional life! For 18 years, Kiwami has innovated while maintaining its initial passion for surpassing oneself.
Craig became a cornerstone of the New Zealand triathlon team and one of the best short distance triathletes in the world, competing at the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games
Although we grew up on opposite sides of the world with different languages and cultures, we had in common our enjoyment of competitive sport and the environment it offered us. As young adults, we were each introduced to triathlon through our respective sports of athletics (Helene) and swimming (Craig). Triathlon became a new passion for each of us, representing new challenges and opportunities which soon lead us both to become professional international triathletes. Craig became a cornerstone of the New Zealand triathlon team and one of the best short distance triathletes in the world, competing at the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games, finishing 3rd at the 2001 ITU World Championships and reaching the ITU world N°1 ranking in 2002. Hélène became a specialist long distance triathlete. She is a multiple French national triathlon champion and ended her career in 2003 with a victory at IM France and a 6th place at the Long Distance ITU World Championships.
Hélène SALOMON, several times French triathlon champion and ended her career in 2003 with a victory at Ironman® France
After years of intensive training and competition, we wanted to express our passion for triathlon differently. We were frustrated by the lack of quality triathlon race wear available at the time, and we strongly believed that specifically designed and adapted products could actually help improve performance. So was born Kiwami. Our project has been nourished by our sports experience and has grown with our athlete expertise. We designed our first collection and our original and colorful models quickly seduced some of the best triathletes of the time, with immediate international success. AMPHIBIAN, the iconic model of the brand, became the reference trisuits on the market while Kiwami grew up with new models, developed for long races, women or even children.
Born in New-Zealand
Kiwami is a name made from two words: KIWI and AMI.
The KIWI is a flightless bird found only in New Zealand. It is a national emblem of New Zealand and also a nickname used to identify New Zealanders throughout the world. AMI is the French word for “friend”. Kiwami is also the name we have given to the personality on our logo; a friendly Kiwi-Frenchie (hence the beret-wearing kiwi bird) triathlete. Kiwami personifies our notion of triathlon: international, friendly, life-loving, unique and proud.
Creation of the brand
Ouverture de nouveaux points de distribution aux Etats-unis et au canada
Kiwami ouvre son propre site de sublimation et de fabrication en France
Feel the performance
Kiwami construit un nouveau siège social incorporant des unités de recherche et de développement, de conception, de fabrication, de stockage, d'impression, de vente, d'administration.
guten tag !
Kiwami ouvre un nouveau point de vente en Allemagne.
- 2004 Athens Olympic Games. First international podium for the Amphibian trisuit with Sven Riederer (SUI).
- 2005 Ironman World Championships, Kona Peter Reid (CAN) finished at 3rd place in A-Short / K-Singlet combo.
- 2005 Sartrouville wins the French Grand Prix competition. Beginning a 10-year collaboration between Kiwami and the world’s best club team in the world.
- 2007 ITU World Championships in Hamburg Kiwami race suits win the elite men’s and women’s titles at the ITU World Championships: Daniel Unger (GER) and Vanessa Fernandes (POR).
- 2008 Pekin Olympic Games Laura Reback (USA) finishes 4th at the Pekin Olympic Games wearing a Wahina Max swimsuit. More than 30% of the Olympic Games triathletes compete in Kiwami suits.
- Historic trifecta The Russian trio of Polyansky, Bryukhankov, Tutukin achieve an historic trifecta at the World Cup wearing the Amphibian 008 suit.
- 2013 Amphibian 008 enters the legend. Rachel Klaamer (NED) wins the European Triathlon Championship wearing an Amphibian 008 Openback trisuit.
- 2014 Kiwami on top of the triathlon world. Kiwami’s new « Spider WS1 » triathlon suit the wins a Gold Award for Best Performance Base Layer product at ISPO Munich, the world’s biggest sports industry trade show.
- 2015 Kiwami sur les podiums mondiaux The year 2015 was particularly rich for KIWAMI TEAM with Cyril Viennot, Long Distance World Champion 2015 for France, Richard Varga, Slovak triathlete, Aquathlon World Champion 2015 and South African Henrie Shcoeman, World No.3 on the Olympic distance in 2016.
- 2016 Launch of the SPIDER LD1 Aero, the world most technical and aerodynamic trisuit.
- 2017 Gold for the trail Kiwami is moving into the world of Trail with the Equilibrium shorts offering an innovative system for carrying foldable poles. This innovation will be rewarded by the 2017/2018 ISPO Gold Medal
<li>Athens 2004 Olympic Games First medal for the Amphibian trisuit, worn by Sven Riederer (SUI)</li>
<li>2005 Ironman Kona World Championships Peter Reid (CAN) finished in 3rd place on the podium, wearing Kiwami's A-Short / K-Singlet combo.</li>
<li>2005 Sartrouville wins the Grand Prix de France Beginning of a long collaboration between Kiwami and the best club in the world.</li>
<li>2007 ITU World Championships in Hamburg Kiwami racing outfits win elite men's and women's titles at the ITU World Championships: Daniel Unger (GER) and Vanessa Fernandes (POR).</li>
<li>2008 Beijing Olympics Laura Reback (USA) finished 4th at the Beijing Olympics wearing a Wahina Max swimsuit. More than 30% of Olympic triathletes participated in it with a Kiwami outfit.</li>
<li>2009 a historic trifecta The Russian trio of Polyansky, Bryukhankov, Tutukin achieve a historic trifecta at the World Cup wearing the Amphibian 008 suit.</li>
<li>2013 The Amphibian 008 becomes a legend Rachel Klaamer (NED) wins the European Triathlon Championship with the Amphibian 008 Openback trisuit.</li>
<li>2014 Kiwami at the top of the triathlon world Kiwami's new trisuit, the 'Spider WS1', wins a 'Gold Award' in the 'Best Performance Base Layer' section at ISPO Munich, the world's largest trade show sports industry in the world.</li>
<li>2015 Kiwami on the world podiums The year 2015 was particularly rich for TEAM KIWAMI with Cyril Viennot, 2015 Long Distance World Champion for France, Richard Varga, Slovak triathlete, 2015 Aquathlon World Champion and the South -African Henri Schoeman, world n°3 on the Olympic distance.</li>
<li>2016 The year of aero Product launch SPIDER LD1 Aero, the most aerodynamic trisuit in the world</li>
<li>2017 Gold for trail running Kiwami enters the world of trail running with the Equilibrium shorts featuring an innovative system for carrying foldable poles. This innovation will be rewarded with the ISPO Gold Medal 2017/2018</li>
Kiwami believes that excellent products help athletes achieve excellent performances. Making new products involves research to find the best adapted fabrics and techniques available, formulating and testing innovations and perfecting patterns and designs. In collaboration with renowned sports textile industry partners, the staff at Kiwami’s own prototype lab in France continually work through this process, to make products that are perfectly adapted for the athletes who will use them.
Research & Development
Kiwami products are crafted in constant collaboration with elite and amateur athletes so that you will feel like the they are a part of you. The choice of materials, fabrics, and trims are the subject of ongoing research. From sprint to long distance, from beginners to professionals, our collections meet the needs of every triathlete by offering specific products adapted to each event and type of competitor.
innovation & recognition
In 2014, present at ISPO in Munich, the world's largest trade show for the sports industry, Kiwami had the honor of being awarded a GOLD AWARD for the SPIDER WS1 trisuit. Back in 2017 with the Equilibrium trail shorts. It was for us a recognition of all the work done by our team for years.